10 ways to honor Mom on Mother’s Day
- Clean for her. No matter her age Mom will appreciate a helping hand. This can be indoor or outdoor. Whatever your choice, make sure it is something she will appreciate.
- Donate in her honor. There are many charities that benefit Mom’s in poverty. I especially like those that launch into self-support. World Vision and Compassion International (click on either to donate)
- Breakfast in bed or anywhere she likes! This is cliché but Mom will love the pampering. Create an atmosphere that makes her feel special.
- Write your favorite memories. Whether in a letter or framed for her to display. This means more to Mom than you can imagine.
- Set time aside for her. Mom will always want to see you. Invite her to do something with just the two of you. Go for lunch, a walk through a garden, or just sit in the living room and talk. The gift of time is precious.
- Make a video. This is a great idea if you can’t be with Mom on Mother’s Day. With smart phones this is so easy. Make sure to send a copy to older folks via email so they can watch it over and over. What a special way for her to feel like you are there with her. Make it personal.
- Wear something of her to honor her memory. If Mom is not with you anymore the loss can feel incredibly large on this day. Honor her by wearing a piece of her jewelry or accessory of your choice. If you don’t have anything like that then carry a picture of the two of you wherever you go that day. Be sure to show it to someone you love and share a memory that is dear to you. You are not sure who that could be? Than send it to me! I would love to hear all about her.
- Make a photo album. Use pictures for your childhood as well as now. You can make an online slide show or have one printed. I like to use Snapfish for mine.
- Make art for her. Ah, the artistry in each of us can vary. This project is only limited by your creativity. A few years ago, my son wrote a poem for me. He framed it with pictures of the two of us. I love it and keep on my desk. Not so creative? Remember she loved the macaroni necklace, she will love whatever thoughtful idea you come up with.
- Tell her you love her. She never tires of this. Include why you love her as well. Mom’s love to receive back a tiny bit of the love they have poured out over the years. However, don’t limit it to a verbal expression. Give her something tangible to remind her of your meaningful expression of devotion.
Did you use any of these ideas? I'd love to see them. Post a picture on social media with #dragonflymothersday
Do you have additional ideas? I’d love to hear them. Share on the Dragonfly Facebook page for other’s to try.