Reach into the Future: Mentor
Spirtual Mandate: Mentoring
Mentoring is an ancient practice prevalent in Scripture. Although the word is never used the practice was common. Mandated by God, we are all called to reach the next generation in one form or another. Sadly, it is a dying art that needs resurrection.
I know you are thinking: “I am inadequate. I can’t. I won’t.” Who is the center of this thought pattern?
God says “I can do the impossible. I can. I will. Join me.”
Pray with me “I surrender to you, God. I trust you, God. Here I am send me.” In Jesus Name, AMEN
We have to go beyond what we want to do. We need to stretch and trust. He will catch us if we fall. Join me this month as we examine 31 Scripture verses that encourage mentoring.
- Titus 2:4 (NLT) These older women must train the younger women
- Titus 2:7 (NLT) And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.
- Exodus 17:14 (NLT) After the victory, the Lord instructed Moses, “Write this down on a scroll as a permanent reminder, and read it aloud to Joshua
- Exodus 24:12-13 (NLT)12 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Come up to me on the mountain. Stay there, and I will give you the tablets of stone on which I have inscribed the instructions and commands so you can teach the people.” 13 So Moses and his assistant Joshua set out, and Moses climbed up the mountain of God.
- Exodus 33:11 (NLT) Inside the Tent of Meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, would remain behind in the Tent of Meeting.
- Deuteronomy 34:9 (NLT) Now Joshua son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands on him. So the people of Israel obeyed him, doing just as the Lord had commanded Moses.
- 2 Timothy 2:2 (NLT) You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.
- Proverbs 27:17 (NLT) As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
- Psalm 71:18 (NLT) Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:8(NLT) We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too.
- Titus 2:3(NLT) Similarly, teach the older women to live in a way that honors God. They must not slander others or be heavy drinkers. Instead, they should teach others what is good.
- Proverbs 9:9(NLT) Instruct the wise, and they will be even wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn even more.
- Proverbs 1:5 (NLT) Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser. Let those with understanding receive guidance
- Philippians 4:9 (NLT) Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.
- Matthew 28:19-20 (NLT)19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- Isaiah 54:2-3 (NLT)2 “Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out your home, and spare no expense! 3 For you will soon be bursting at the seams. Your descendants will occupy other nations and resettle the ruined cities.
- Hebrews 13:7(NLT) Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.
- 2 Kings 22:2 (NLT) He did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight and followed the example of his ancestor David. He did not turn away from doing what was right.
- Psalm 71:7 (NLT) My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection.
- Ephesians 5:2 (NLT) Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us[a] and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.
- Exodus 18:20 (NLT) Teach them God’s decrees, and give them his instructions. Show them how to conduct their lives.
- Psalm 37:30 (NLT) The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong.
- Psalm 78:7 (NLT) So each generation should set its hope anew on God, not forgetting his glorious miracles and obeying his commands.
- Colossians 2:2 (NLT) I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.
- Acts 2:42 (NLT) All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer.
- Galatians 6:2(NLT) Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
- Psalm 145:4 (NLT) Let each generation tell its children of your mighty acts; let them proclaim your power.
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NLT)9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
- John 13:12-15 (NLT)12 After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and asked, “Do you understand what I was doing? 13 You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are right, because that’s what I am. 14 And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. 15 I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.
- Acts 9:26-27 (NLT) 26 When Saul arrived in Jerusalem, he tried to meet with the believers, but they were all afraid of him. They did not believe he had truly become a believer! 27 Then Barnabas brought him to the apostles and told them how Saul had seen the Lord on the way to Damascus and how the Lord had spoken to Saul. He also told them that Saul had preached boldly in the name of Jesus in Damascus.
- Luke 1:56 (NLT) Mary stayed with Elizabeth about three months and then went back to her own home.